- Participation is open to those 13 years and above as at 31st December 2013.
- Participants who are below 18 years old as at 31st December 2013 are required to have parent or guardian's approval and signature on the entry form.
For details, please refer to individual category.
Please refer to individual category for entry fees.
Courier Service fees:
Fees: RM10 - Delivery to addresses in Peninsula Malaysia and RM40 for Sabah, Sarawak and Singapore.
(please take note that the courier service option for Penang Bridge International Marathon 2013 runners will no longer be available if registration after 31st July 2013)
- There are absolutely no refunds on registration - no exceptions!
- Registration fees are non-transferable.
- Registraiton is only valid on the date your registration fee is received by Penang Bridge International Marathon 2013.
- Only online banking payment option is available.
Incomplete Postal Entries:
- Incomplete entries i.e. not accompany with fees will be rejected.
- No refund will be made for wrongful or multiple entries.
- Proof of posting will NOT be accepted as proof of entry.
Closing Date for Entry:
Closing date for entry is 30th September 2013 or limit of participants for each categories reached.
Vest / T-shirt
- Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K participants will be given a vest each.
- Fun Run participants will be given a T-shirt each to be worn during the run.
Certificate of Participation:
- E-Certificates available for download within 1 week after the event.
Runners in all categories who complete the run within the prescribed time will be awarded a Finisher Medal EXCEPT for Fun Run category.
Lucky Draw Prizes:
All participants have an opportunity to win attractive prizes from a select pool of sponsors.
Cash Prizes await the first 15 winners in each groups EXCEPT Fun Run category.
Winners Age Verification:
All Cash Prize winners must produce their identity card (Malaysian) or Passport (Foreigners) for age verification at the Technical Secretariat Centre before the prize presentation ceremony.
As a precaution, all Penang Bridge International Marathon participants are advised to undergo a check-up three months prior to the date of the event. Full Marathon participants are advised to take part in at least one similar event exceeding 33km in preparation for the run.
Front line at the starting point:
Runners in the Full Marathon category who want pole starting positions are requested to submit their time achieved in Full Marathon competitions participated in last 3 years.
- Participants are required to run on the road excepts as directed by the official or police.
- Unauthorized vehicles are NOT allowed to accompany the runners.
- Supporters are NOT allowed on the bridge.
- Participants are NOT allowed to be on the running route after 9.00 am.
Waiver of Liability and Declaration:
- The participant had read and understood the rules and regulations pertaining to his / her participation in Penang Bridge International Marathon.
- The Participant agreed to abide by all the rules as laid down and will not claim any damage from the organiser in the event of an accident, injury, or death which may arise before, during or as a result of participation in Penang Bridge International Marathon.
- I understand that there will not be any refund in the event where Penang Bridge International Marathon has to be postponed or cancelled under any unforeseen circumstances.
WARNING: THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT WHICH AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS
If you have any allergies or medical conditions you wish to bring the attention of the Penang Bridge International Marathon Medical Director please attach details n a separate sheet.
I agree to participate in Penang Bridge International Marathon on the following basis:
- By participating I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation, which would result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all people associated with the conduct of events and will release them against all matters arising out of my participation in events. For clarification, the people released include event organisers, promoters, sponsors, managers, officers, employees, agents, contractors and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel and every personnel invite and ask to be in involve in the event by the organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal represenitives and assignees.
- I acknowledge that events involve the real risk of serious injury, or risk of death, from various causes including over exertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators and road users, the course and weather conditions, just to name a few.
- I understand that I should not participate in events unless I have prepared appropriately and my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner.
- I understand that the information that I have provided herein will be included in the Penang Bridge International Marathon database. I also understand that information of a biological nature including my name, date of birth, home state, results, career highlights and interests may be released to the media in response to general requests.
- I agree to abide by all the Rules of Penang Bridge International Marathon which relate, in part, to safe and fair sporting practices.
- I grant Penang Bridge International Marathon the unconditional right to use at their discretion photographic pictures and personal information in any form of media, art, advertising, trade, visual documentary, promotional material, merchandise or film coverage of any kind without compensation to me. I also waive the right to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the copy that may be used in connection therewith, or the use to which it may be applied.
- I have permission from my family and related sport associations to compete in this competition.
- I acknowledge that as a result of my participation in any this event I may be required to submit a drug test sample to the authorised drug testing organisation.
- I am of the correct age at 31st December 2013 where I participate in an age category.
- I certify that I have read this document and fully understand it.